From concept to reality, superior in every way......'Girasole' (meaning to turn to the sun) is the brain child of well-respected local builder John Andriolo of MAG Constructions ACT P/L. This truly amazing home has been his dream since he was a 10-year-old Italian boy and was inspired by the teachings of Italian physicist, Galileo.
Supported by 28 wheels and driven by two whisper quiet motors, the home can rotate through 360 degrees and has been designed to literally track the winter sun through the living areas and avoid the harsh Australian sun in summer. It is able to operate at three speeds and is controlled by a touch screen panel, this is high tech, environmentally friendly living at its best.
Continuing on the sustainable living theme, electricity for the home is provide by 24 photovoltaic cells (situated on top of the four car garage) generating 10,500 kilowatts of power per annum. Beneath the large four car garage is a huge rainwater tank of 120,000L capacity which will allow the new owner of the home to live independently of traditional power and water services.
Designed by renowned local architect Ross Norwood of DNA architects with interior design by Karin McNamara of Karin McNamara Design, the new owner can rest assured that every attention to detail has been met. John has personally managed the project from start to finish - the standard of inclusions is exceptionally high and the home has been meticulously finished .
- Four generous bedrooms
- Two bathrooms (ensuite) plus additional powder room
- 173m2 of quality living
- Quality stainless steel Miele appliances
- Large lock-up garage with automatic door
- Outdoor entertaining
- 120,000L water tank under garage (can be used in 4 different ways with the catchment being the roof of the whole dwelling including garage)
- 24 photo voltaic panels with generate 10,500 kw/yr
- 200ml insulation batts under floor and in roof. R2.5 in walls and 2 layers of fire resistant sisalation, making the home extremely energy efficient
- Outer wheels of 2 tonne capacity
- Operated by a touch screen panel, the home can fully rotate in less than 10 minutes so you can rotate with the sun
- 704m2 block in The Ridge at Crace, with glorious views across the Gungaderra Grasslands, which will never be built out
Have you got the BUG?
Join our propertybug email service for a first look at our new listings