Gracious and character filled, this beautiful double brick 1934 Canberra cottage has been lovingly renovated and sympathetically extended. Set in the tightly held, non-heritage listed part of Inner Braddon, the home is absolutely charming and features meticulously maintained period finishes such as picture rails, timber sash window, high battened ceilings and an ï¿½Inglenookï¿½ (translated from the German as an Angelï¿½s Hearth) with gorgeous open fire place. The kitchen was beautifully renovated just last year and both bathrooms have a wonderful feel. Located on a huge (1,338m2) block with wonderfully established gardens, opposite playing fields and the historic Ainslie Primary School, you will never be built out.
This property is perfect for weekend recreation and within walking distance to Canberra's ever-changing shopping and foodie precinct where you'll find an assortment of boutiques, cafes, bakeries, restaurants and bars. It's hipster heaven!
Enjoy arranging your furniture into extra-spacious dining and living areas. A north-easterly facing sunroom spills off the dining and kitchen spaces with the potential to amalgamate all three areas into one large family or entertaining space.
Bedrooms, bathrooms, study and laundry are separated to the rear of the home by a lovely wide corridor running the full length of the house. The main bedroom design includes comprehensive wardrobe space and a large ensuite. Both bathrooms are modern. From all rooms the outlook is leafy and when outdoors you can choose from a multiple of paved entertaining areas, perfect to bring home and enjoy all those Lonsdale Street goodies.
At a glance...
- 3 Bedrooms, main with ensuite and walk through robe, terraces off main bedrooms
- Large separate period-style living and dining areas with high ceilings
- Study/sitting area, or potential 4th bedroom
- Fully renovated kitchen, AEG and Miele appliances and stone bench tops (2018)
- Ensuite and main Bathroom with rain shower over bath
- Recently painted throughout
- Perfectly preserved heritage features including high battened ceilings, timber detailing, picture rails, open fire place, timber sash windows and polished wooden floors
- In-floor central heating
- Plenty of room to entertain in garden and numerous paved areas
- Carport and large garden shed/potential studio conversion
- Back to base security alarm
- Walk to the CBD or Braddon's 'Cappuccino Strip'